The Little Peanut Company (“We”, “Us” and “Our”) remain fully committed to the protection of your privacy at all times. The information contained in this policy has been published to inform you of the way in which any Personal Data (as defined below) you provide us with, or that we collect from you will be stored and used. Please read this information carefully so that you understand how we treat such Personal Data.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us email@example.com or by updating your details via your account on our website.
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO ARE WE
The Little Peanut Company
Website address: www.littlepeanutcompany.com
Email address: email@example.com
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our website, as well when you register for an online account, and/or if you choose to receive communications from us. We also collect certain information when you send us an email, other form of message (such as via whatsapp, text, social media etc.), post or comment on our website or social media pages or leave a product review.
The different type of data we collect and store from you consist of:
- Communication Data: This includes any type of communications that you send to us by any means including online and offline communications. Examples of this would include phone calls or voice notes, emails, contact forms, letters, social media messages, WhatsApp or text messages, communications shared or sent via social media, product reviews and sending us or making available media files and images. In these instances, we store your name, the contact details you choose to provide (email address, telephone number etc.) and the content provided within the communication. In some circumstances we may record any phone conversations or video conferences. If this is the case we will inform you before this takes place and gain your direct consent. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping, providing customer service, developing our products and offering, and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, develop our business, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Personal Data: This includes any data relating to any purchase of goods and/or services. Examples of the data we collect and store are name, email address, billing address, shipping address, email address, purchase details, card/payment details and optional account information like username and password etc. We use this data to allow us to send you information about your account and orders, fulfil your orders, process payments, comply with any legal obligations we have such as calculating taxes and fees, to keep records of transactions, process refunds or exchanges where required. If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. If you opt in to receive any communications from us, we will store your name, email address and any other personal data you choose to provide (such as date of birth or address), which will be used to send you content which we believe will be of interest to you such as news, information, offers, and other marketing communications. Our lawful ground for this processing is to fulfil our contract with you to provide product/s or service you have purchased or chosen to receive.
- User Data: This consists of any data about how you use our website and any online services, together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services including through social media. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration and upkeep of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which are to enable us to effectively administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data: That includes but not limited to, data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which are to effectively administer our website and our business and to grow our business and decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data: This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to send you relevant content and advertisements, and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Sensitive Data: We do not collect or process any Sensitive Data. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you (including social media adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us such as via the website during the purchasing process, or by signing up to receive marketing, content and communications from us, or creating an account on our website. You may also provide data directly in the methods as described below:
- Survey Responses: When you choose to supply information to us in respect of survey questions any information provided on such surveys will be stored (such as responses to survey questions, name, email address etc.) This information is used for improving our products and offering and fulfilling our any obligations as described when requesting the information (for example if you choose to leave us your email address to enter a competition or be sent a freebie or discount code). Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests as described.
- External Social and Sales Platforms: Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms or sales channels are custom to the terms and conditions and privacy policies held within each of those platforms. Users are advised to use social media platforms with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We will always act in a professional and legal manor when engaging on these external platforms and in line with the terms and conditions of such platform. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users using such buttons do so at their own discretion.
- Media Files: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Any comments, reviews, or media files that are provided publicly, whether on the website or social media, will be visible to the public. Any comments, reviews, or media files that are provided directly to The Little Peanut Company may be shared publicly for the sole purpose of informing other customers and potential customers of our product feedback. You have the option to withdraw from any such comments, reviews or media files being made public at any point in the future.
We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third-parties such as analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as data brokers or aggregators. We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electonic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing communications without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving these at any time.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do opt out of receiving such communications, this opt out will not apply to any personal data provided as a result of other transactions, purchases or other methods as described within this policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again in the future. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
In order to fulfil our contract with you to provide goods or services, and run and grow our business, we have to share your data with Third Party Providers. These include:
- Service providers who provide IT, storage and administration services
- Payment processors such as PayPal and Stripe
- Delivery and order fulfilment services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
We only share data with such third-parties that is relevant in the fulfilment of the service and we only allow them to process your personal data for the specified purpose. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to, to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data. In some cases we may require you explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
Should any breech occur we will notify you and any applicable regulator if we are legally required to.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to retain the data we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, any tax or legal requirements we must fulfil, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, and if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
In some instances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
Under data protection laws you have the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. This does not include the erasure of any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email email@example.com
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure you right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests.
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org